Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Furniture Indentations On Carpet



Hello,
I put down plastic carpet protectors (the kind with teeth on one side) under my furniture legs. The result from using these makes the indentation appear worse on my carpet.. I think I would have been better off not using them. How can I fix my carpet so that these indentations are less noticeable. The carpet is about one year old.
The furniture legs have the original button type protectors on the leg bottoms and I will rely on them. I think they would be a better choice. The indentations are 2 inches by 2 inches.

No expert.....
Give them few days and a few vacuumings. Seems like I read somewhere about dampening the area slightly may help.......
Let some of the Experts weigh in before you try anything drastic

I seem to remember something about water too. I think a steam iron was involved. I removed all of the 2 by 2 protectors.

The trick I heard about was to place an ice cube in the indentation, allow it to melt, and the resulting dampness will cause the fibers to expand and come back level. Then just let it dry normally. Good luck

Thank You,
I'll give it a try.

both the steam iron and ice cube trick does work... BUT keep in mind its up to the construction of the carpet
for example olefin carpet is plastic...if you take a plastic bag and ball it up and then pull it back out..you see a bunch of wrinkled lines?? No matter what you do they are still there...same thing with the carpet..once it has been trained in this case its hard to return it to the new condition
plus the carpet under the furniture is going to look different than the rest due to wear






Tags: furniture, indentations, carpet, furniture legs, steam iron, under furniture