Monday, March 10, 2014

Tec Grout Sealer Changes Color



I just finished tiling my entryway using TEC accucolor grout. The grout appears quite a bit lighter than expected, and I'd like to darken it a bit. I've read up on grout colorants, and was planning to try it out. But, I was on TEC's web site, saw their FAQ section and read about grout that is lighter than expected. They had several explanations for the cause, and suggested using a product called Ensealant H2O or Ensealant SB (H2O=water based, SB=solvent based). Anyway, they said that if you like the color of your grout when it's wet, use this product and it will both darken it and seal it (water and oil resistant). This sounds like a great product, but I can't find a local retailer that stocks it. I live near Denver and tried everyone. They won't special order it because TEC only sells it a case at a time. I tried calling TEC, they can't sell them individually either.
Has anyone purchased either of these products? If someone can tell me about a local store that stocks it, I'd like to call them and see if they'll ship me a few bottles (I'd pay for shipping of course).






Tags: grout, color, lighter than, lighter than expected, than expected, that stocks