Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Backup A Windows Mobile Address Book

Backing up a Windows Mobile address book ensures that you can recover important contact information in the event your Windows phone is lost, stolen or stops working. Microsoft My Phone provides a free web-based backup service for Windows Mobile users that allows consumers to retrieve their contacts from the server when they get a new phone or after completing a hard reset on their current Windows Mobile phone. Microsoft My Phone offers additional features such as text message backup and a location tool that can help you find a lost phone.


Instructions


1. Check to see if Microsoft My Phone is already installed on your Windows Mobile device. To do this, open the Start menu and check in the Programs menu. It may also be installed in the Settings menu.








2. Download Microsoft My Phone by pointing your preferred Windows Mobile browser to myphone.microsoft.com/install. After the download finishes, verify that My Phone is installed to either the Programs or Settings menus, depending on your device.


3. Launch My Phone on your Windows Mobile device. You must log in using a Windows Live ID and password. If you do not have an account, you can create one directly from the My Phone application.








4. Wait for My Phone to synchronize your data with Microsoft's servers. The amount of time necessary for this operation varies based on your connection speed and the amount of data that must be uploaded. Subsequent backups are completed daily between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m., provided a data connection is available. You can also backup manually by launching My Phone and selecting "Sync."


5. Sign in to My Phone using a computer to access the contacts, photos, text messages and other data synced with the service. Verify that your contact list is properly backed up.

Tags: Windows Mobile, Microsoft Phone, your Windows, Mobile device, Windows Mobile device, your Windows Mobile